Although it remains one of the most common and devastating diseases – cancer isn't a death sentence by any means. Cancer Insurance can help you recover both physically and financially.
What is Cancer Insurance?
In New Zealand, two-thirds of all serious illness claims are for cancer. Cancer cover pays you a lump sum of money if you're diagnosed with cancer to help you recover physically and financially.
Most people use Cancer Insurance to:
- Pay for their spouse or family member to take time off work, so they can provide support and care at home
- Pay for additional or alternative treatments that may not be covered by the New Zealand health system or health insurance
- Cover additional expenses such as childcare and travel to medical appointments
- Reduce debt such as mortgage or credit card payments
- Take time off work to rest and recover – often choosing to work reduced hours
- Treat themselves, such as going on a family holiday
Cancer Insurance benefits
Pays a lump sum of money if you are diagnosed with most cancers.
Early stage cancer
Some of your cancer cover is paid out early to help with treatment of any early stage cancer.
We will pay for your family to receive professional advice from an approved financial planner. This helps your family decide the best way to use the money they will receive.
We will pay to help with the cost of professional grief support during the grieving process.
Optional benefits you can choose to include:
- Kids Cover
- We pay your premiums
Disclaimer: Please note that the content provided in this article is intended as an overview and as general information only. While care is taken to ensure accuracy and reliability, the information provided is subject to continuous change and may not reflect current development or address your situation. Before making any decisions based on the information provided in this article, please use your discretion and seek independent guidance.