A major health issue can also take its toll on your time and money. This insurance gives you a sum of money that can help you get through it.
What is Trauma Insurance?
Recovering from a serious illness, injury or medical procedure takes time. Our Trauma Recovery Insurance provides you with a lump sum payment to help financially while you recover. It covers 45 medical events, conditions and surgical procedures including many types of cancer, heart attack and stroke.
Most people use Trauma Recovery Insurance for:
- Pay for their spouse or family member to take time off work, so they can provide support and care at home
- Pay for additional or alternative treatments that may not be covered by the New Zealand health system or health insurance
- Cover additional expenses such as childcare and travel to medical appointments
- Reduce debt such as mortgage or credit card payments
- Take time off work to rest and recover – often choosing to work reduced hours
- Aid recovery by treating themselves to something that makes them happy, such as going on a family holiday
Trauma Insurance benefits
Pays a lump sum if the medical event, condition or surgical procedure you experience meets the claim criteria.
Early stage cancer cover
Some of your cancer cover is paid out early to help with your treatment.
We will pay for your family to receive professional advice from an approved financial planner. This helps your family decide the best way to use the money they will receive.
We will pay to help with the cost of professional grief support during the grieving process.
Optional benefits you can choose to include:
- Kids Cover
- We pay your premiums
- Early Trauma benefit
- Continuous Trauma
- Trauma reinstatement
- Life Cover buy back
- Total and Permanent Disablement
- Major Trauma benefit