This insurance provides a lump sum of money to make life a little easier if you become totally and permanently disabled.
What is Total and Permanent Disablement Insurance?
Disablement is life changing. Total and Permanent Disablement Insurance can provide a financial injection to help make lifestyle changes if you become totally and permanently disabled due to sickness or injury.
Most people use Total and Permanent Insurance for:
- Paying for their spouse or another family member to take time off work which allows them to provide extra help and support
- Making lifestyle changes e.g. where they live, modifying their home, clearing debt such as credit card, personal loans, mortgage
- Paying for additional costs such as travelling to medical appointments or additional childcare
- Paying off the mortgage or other debt
- Putting towards everyday living expenses as their income often reduces
Total and Permanent Disablement Insurance benefits
Total and permanent disablement cover
Pays a lump sum if you become permanently disabled, including if you can't return to work because of sickness or injury.
Single loss of limb or eye
Pays 25% of your cover if you lose a limb or an eye.
We will pay for your family to receive professional advice from an approved financial planner. This helps your family decide the best way to use the money they will receive.
We will pay to help with the cost of professional grief support during the grieving process.
Total and permanent disablement fast track
For some medical conditions, we pay out quicker so you can get immediate care.
Optional benefits you can choose to include:
- Kids Cover
- We pay your premiums
Disclaimer: Please note that the content provided in this article is intended as an overview and as general information only. While care is taken to ensure accuracy and reliability, the information provided is subject to continuous change and may not reflect current development or address your situation. Before making any decisions based on the information provided in this article, please use your discretion and seek independent guidance.